Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream
Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> The BBC is making it increasingly difficult. You may have to trawl
> their pages for the links, or try <http://dave.org.uk/streams/> (which
> has, alas, been increasing neutered recently), however the raw yaml
> format <http://dave.org.uk/streams/streams.yaml> should give you all
> you need.

My script using realplayer (http://squat.homelinux.net/recmp3.sh) takes
an http address - these seem to change less often than the underlying
rstp addresses. For example, to record Friday's "Dad's Army", I used,
on one long line:

recmp3.sh http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/friday/rams/0800.ram 36
DadsArmy-BrainVersusBrawn

36 is the length in minutes, and the resulting file is
DadsArmy_BrainVersusBrawn.mp3. This layout for BBC7 listenagains hasn't
changed in years (at least as far back as Jan 2005). There was a
problem recently on Radio 4 (and maybe others) where my Friday night
comedy fix changed its http address, but I think it's all fixed now.

Simon