[Hampshire] [OT] 6P6C Connector

Author: Peter Brooks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] 6P6C Connector
Hello all,
Just hacking open some existing cabling I have around my house, I put
Cat6 into the walls years ago and now have need to use some two
ununsed wires in the connector to send a phone line.
I'm going to create a new cat5 cable with the four data termination
still in place and take two for phone, however I'm just confirming
what tool to buy for terminating phone line leads for plugging into my
fax machine & bt home hub (parents home, hence the terrible ISP but
the alure of the home hub had my parents switch from zen)

As I understand it the connections are called 6P6C, and the
connections on both the home hub and the fax machine are six
connectors, if that's correct then great and I'll get a 'Plas FCC68
Crimper 6P6C', I've heard it however called RJ11, RJ12 and RJ25.

Can someone please just clarify what connection it is actually called?

Cheers