Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Networking Attached Storage [was Produc…

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Networking Attached Storage [was Productrecommendation]

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tony.Lambert@???>
To: <lug@???>; "Hampshire LUG Discussion List"
<hampshire@???>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Networking Attached Storage [was
Productrecommendation]

> You can always buy the 9-bit upgrade for the storage device :)
>

> Tony Lambert
> Lead DBA
> Xansa
>
> hampshire-bounces@??? wrote on 14/09/2007 17:39:23:
>
>> > it will *only* work with 23-bit WinXP, Win2K or Win2K3.
>>
>> Now that really is a small installed base. You'd have thought they'd have
>> covered 32-bit versions as well... :-)
>>
>> Vic.
>>

>> --
>> Please post to: Hampshire@???
>

> Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients
> should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any
> liability whatsoever.

> protected by client privilege. It is solely for the use of the intended
> recipient.
> Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
> error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.
>
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
> necessarily the organisation.
>     Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
>     Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
>     Registered in England No.1000954.
>     t  +44 (0)8702 416181
>     w  www.xansa.com

Thanks all. It's looking more and more as if I'm going to have to build
something that'll take 4 SATA HDDs and install FreeNAS or something similar.

Surprising there isn't something akin to a drive caddy that'll take up to 4
SATA HDDs and contain a minmal OS that would allow shares to all operating
systems. There seem to be products (like the LinkStation I have) which
come complete with HDDs - but I want to be able to go to 1TB (new father -
plenty of jpgs / videos of daughter) as and when I want.

Cheers
Rob