Re: [Hampshire] (no subject)

Author: Andy Ransom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] (no subject)

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Jim Kissel wrote:

> Seems like spam of a different colour. Same message came through on the
> SurreyLUG mailing list.

Well two lists in close geographical proximity doesn't necessarily make
is spam, but I've now seen reports of it coming through to a couple of
dozen lists so yes it probably is spam.

For now I've placed Jim Snyder's subscription on moderation, if he wants
to contact me and explain his actions I'd be happy to hear his reasons for
posting something that looks suspicious like an advert to so many lists
simultaneously.

If I don't hear anything in the next 48 hours I'll un-subscribe the
address.

In the meantime I'd encourage all list members to treat the message as
spam and ignore it.

         Andy
--
    Andrew Ransom <andy@???>