[Hampshire] [OT] MP3 player suggestions?

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] MP3 player suggestions?

Hi,

I know this has come up before, but time and technology marches on with
new products coming out all the time.

I'm looking for a new MP3 player, but my requirements are possibly
different to most people.

1) Flash based, I'm not looking for something to store my whole music
collection on but a minimum of 2GB of storage is probably required, more
would be nice.

2) Decent battery life & ability to use standard batteries. I want
something which runs on AA or AAA batteries rather than having a built in
re-chargeable battery.

3) Works as USB mass storage rather than some fancy but proprietary
format/transfer method, so I can use it with any machine which recognises
USB mass storage.

4) Reasonable navigation system, at a minimum something which will let me
store music in a directory structure and let me navigate the structure to
select music rather than having to skip over every track to get to the
next directory.

Ideally I'd also like it to use playlists and play multiple formats, but
neither of these are deal breakers and while I'd like it to be as cheap as
possible, price isn't my primary consideration if it does all of the
above.

Any recommendations/suggestions?

Andy