Re: [Hampshire] [OT] MP3 player suggestions?

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] MP3 player suggestions?
On Sunday 16 September 2007 18:02:32 Andy Random wrote:
> I'm looking for a new MP3 player, but my requirements are possibly
> different to most people.

> 2) Decent battery life & ability to use standard batteries. I want
> something which runs on AA or AAA batteries rather than having a built in
> re-chargeable battery.

Why? The first bit I understand, but I find rechargeable a lot more
useful. I can recharge my phone from the car, or if I carry the
charger around it's just a plug (no big adapter required unless
previous devices I've had) and not much bigger than an extra pack
of batteries. Unless you're going to be in the wilderness for days
on end of course (in which case, batteries are probably a better
approach).

> Any recommendations/suggestions?

Have you looked at mobile phones? The current phone I have (Nokia 6300)
can take 2GB Micro-SD cards, and can play MP3s (though not Ogg Vorbis).
I've only used the bluetooth connection (which allows drag-and-drop
from KDE, or mounting as a drive), so not sure how it shows up if you
plug the USB cable into it. You'd have to check the battery life. Mine
just goes on charge when it gets home, so never needs to last more
than a day.

The phone came free with the contract (no idea what the contract is,
since it's a company mobile so I never see the bill, but it's not going
to be anything fancy).

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???