Re: [Hampshire] Xsane 0.991

Author: Richard Brown
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Xsane 0.991
On 20/09/2007, hantslug@??? <hantslug@???> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 Sep 2007 13:35, Richard Brown wrote:
> > On 20/09/2007, hantslug@??? <hantslug@???> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know which version of SANE is used in Xsane 0.991? The list
> > > of supported devices varies according to version, and "buy one and suck
> > > it and see" could be an expensive method of finding out. :-(
> >
> > xsane will use whatever version of sane-backends you have installed.
>
> Er.. yes, but how do I find out which sane-backends are installed?

sane-backends is a different package to xsane, presumably provided by
your distribution on the same way xsane is. If sane-backends is
installed you can probably just run sane-config --version to find out
the version. The .so file for each backend your distribution has
enable will probably be in /usr/lib/sane

--
Richard Brown