Re: [Hampshire] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Author: Tim B (Systems)
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Happy Happy Joy Joy
And you expect the monkeys to be sysadmining your network???? (ref. cartoon of
all the monkees sitting in a tree)

Keep it simple, install linux, clean the dust out every 6 months, you'll be
fine.

As soon as some-one says "XYZ must be able to login and change ABC" I worry,
because (at least in the company I work for) "XYZ" hasn't got a clue and
it'll take me an age to sort out "ABC" properly afterwards. I'm quite happy
to use config files. at least you need some idea of what you're doing before
you change them!

What I like about MS Software is that it doesn't interoperate seamlessly with
other systems from MS. Half the time I find myself running linux to
troubleshoot Windows issues.

Tim B.

Oh, it's good to have broad-band again.