Re: [Hampshire] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Top Page
Author: Dave Walker
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Happy Happy Joy Joy

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56f7c100.hantslug.org.uk.1482': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Sep 24 15:25:30 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key D17910D5904A3269

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 13:37 +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
<SNIP>
> I gave up.
>
> I believe I was trying to get it to use _my_ ldap server which may
> have been part of the "problem". OTOH it would have been nice if it
> was a bit more modular in that respect.

<SNIP>

Yeah, I have to agree here. Zimbra should be considered a distro within
itself - It takes over the entire system. I wouldn't recommend using
the box for anything except a Zimbra server.

The packages try to make installation simple, which on a clean supported
system (ie, not Ubuntu Feisty - but Dapper is supported) it does that
pretty well (but removal seems hit 'n miss)

Saying that, I still preferred to install from svn - and looking what
the installation script did.

One thing that is particularly odd - postfix redirects all mail to
zimbra@$domain.tld so it can handle the mail itself - seems kinda odd to
half use 'proper' tools.

The team behind Zimbra seem pretty community oriented - from the email
exchanges I have had.

I fear the sell-out to Yahoo could be bad - but I'm trying to stay
optimistic :)

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker