Re: [Hampshire] Sending SMS from a computer?

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Sending SMS from a computer?
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 08:40:46AM -0400, Andy Random wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a method to send SMS messages from a computer on certain
>>scriptable events.
>

> I don't use it myself but I know a few people using
> http://www.bulksms.co.uk/w/pricing.htm happily.

When we worked with a P/rate SMS company they investigated a number of
suppliers for cheap SMS. One company was swiss and was very cheap but
did not have any UK interop agreements and roughly 85 to 95% of all SMS
were blackholed by the UK operators. Cheap and great for most of .eu
but not exactly usefull in the UK!

Of course things have changed since then but it is something worth
checking.

Jacqui