Re: [Hampshire] Sending SMS from a computer?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Sending SMS from a computer?

Maybe I'm cynical/paranoid, but I've always worried about how freebie
SMS services make their living. OK, it _could_ be altruistic/benign, but
I've always suspected they harvest 'phone numbers and content data.

I'd be interested in whether my concerns are founded or if I really am
just a worrier :-)

I guess I've just had too many cold calls, junk mail, spam, junk yexys
and the like to tolerate anything at all.

I tried to sell a mobile phone to an Indian call cemtre operator the
other day. "Hello, my name is Steve" seemed to think I should buy one
from him but not that he should buy one from me. He hung up eventually.
It was actually quite good fun for a while :->

ATB,
    Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.