Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday Fun Question

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday Fun Question
** Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> [2007-09-28 09:34]:

> >>Arf! See? We're having fun already!
> >>
> >>I've never actually encountered Vista so that'll be interesting.
> >>Obviously I have read all the reports about performance issues, etc., so
> >>it may well have to go.
> >
> >If you're not going to get a refund on the Windows license I'd be
> >interested in you letting us know how good/bad Vista actually is.
> >We'll probably look for a new latop about December, and it will
> >undoubtedly come with Vista (though I'd prefer XP).
>
> Computers with XP are still available if you shop around. But for how
> much longer??

** end quote [Chris Dennis]

As I understand it, if you want to (and your supplier ill play ball) you
can purchase a Windows Vista PC and get XP downgrade media included as
well. Microsoft have apparantly agreed to do that for the time being. I
guess they really want people to have Vista and one of the ways they can
class you as using it is by selling it to you even if you then nuke it
and go back to XP! I seem to remembre somewhere tht January 2008 was the
cut off for no longer being able to purchase XP at all, although that
could be wrong/out of date/subject to change :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: