Re: [Hampshire] Asus Pundit P1-Ah2

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asus Pundit P1-Ah2
* Adam Trickett (adam.trickett@???) wrote:
> Hants Luggers,
>
> I spotted a review of a EfficientPC Isis "thinnish" desktop PC based on the
> Asus Pundit P1-Ah2 case/motherboard. On paper it looks a good idea, it's
> small, cheap, quiet and EfficientPC ship then with ubuntu installed and all
> the bits supported.
>
> Has anyone any experience with EfficientPC or the Asus system in question?

Not exactly this Asus system, but I use an Asus system at work for
the past year or so, and it is really quiet. (especially compared
to this Novatech lump I am sat next to now).

In talking to the IT guy that set up or PC's, it seems the Asus
bare-bones were well put together, but the people who did the final
build were cowboys. He ended up having to open every one up to make
sure all connectors were correct and tidy up the cables for good air
flow.

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk