Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras
On Thu October 4 2007 17:00, john lewis wrote:
> I have been looking at the possibility of getting a bridge
> camera. But are they a dying breed as suggested here
>
> http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comments/the_death_of_the_b
>ridge_camera/
>
> I don't really need a full DSLR with interchangeable lenses etc.
> apart from anything else they are well out of my reach in terms of
> cost.
>
> But I have seen 'bridge cameras' advertised around the £200 mark.
> Still more than I really want to pay but I haven't seen a 'compact'
> that I really fancy. So many of them seem to have lost the proper
> viewfinder for starters.
>
> I did some googling and found a Canon Powershot S1 IS on
> sale at amazon.co.uk for £140 but have no idea how good it is and
> there are many alternatives.
>
> I know I shall have to go and play with some models in the local
> Camera Shop to see how they handle but will be interested to know
> what other people have been buying.
>
> It is a real shame my Pentax ME Super is virtually valueless even as a
> kit with wide, standard and zoom lenses. I'll probably end up having
> to give it away along with the Rollei 35TE that I used to carry
> everywhere whilst walking and climbing.

I may will probably have either a Fuji S5500 or S9600 for sale around the end
of October. The S5500 is about 2 year olde and the S9600 is about 8 months
old. The reason I am selling is I have now bought a full blown DSLR, its now
a case of seeing which one the wife prefers using then I will probably sell
the other.

Tim

Listen & Record Music from Internet Radio - Get Free Radio & MP3 Player & Recorder
Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/radio