Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras
** john lewis <johnlewis@???> [2007-10-04 17:01]:
<<snip>>
> It is a real shame my Pentax ME Super is virtually valueless even as a
> kit with wide, standard and zoom lenses. I'll probably end up having
> to give it away along with the Rollei 35TE that I used to carry
> everywhere whilst walking and climbing.

** end quote [john lewis]

I can't speak from personal experience of bridge cameras. I aspire to a
DSLR as soon as I can afford it, but in the mean time my digital use is
confined to a little Nikon Coolpix 5200. I've been quite happy with
this, bar the fact that it isn't an SLR format camera. Most of this is
the fact that I find the SLR format more comfortable and enjoyable to
use, although I do like the flexibility of interchangable lenses. I
considered a bridge style Fuji when I got the 5200, but decided in the
end that all the bridge gave me personally was a slightly higher spec
non-SLR unit - so all the extra size, but none of the extra flexibility.
That was my take anyway :)

As for the old film cameras, I'm in pretty much the same position. I
have a selection of old film cameras, pretty much all Nikon, but even
with that name behind them they don't have much value. I've decided to
hang on to them rather than give them away or sell for peanuts. They may
increase in value one day perhaps, and for now I can still get my SLR
fix with film - and if I can find a sensibly priced film scanner at some
point I'll switch to positive film instead of negative and fix my own
ready for scanning. Sort of a half way house :) Every time I look at
prices though, I start thinking how far towards a Nikon D80 that would
get me - I can't remember off hand, but I think I read about a
limitation on the D40(X) that I wasn't too keen on, and a good number of
the older ones (D70, etc.) use compact flash instead of sd cards, which
doesn't fit with every other device I have - they all use sd!

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: