Re: [Hampshire] Linux DVD/Video Editing Tools

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux DVD/Video Editing Tools
On 04/10/2007, john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:30:17 +0100
> Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>
> > Like I say, my needs are simple: I just want to chop the ads out and
> > stitch the broadcast back together.
>
> You are not supposed to do that, the ads are there for a purpose, like
> having a coffee break
>
> :-p

It might be easier to just implement a cut file in one of the Linux
media player.
xine does this for DVDs.
You can have a simple file, that xine loads when playing a DVD. xine
will then automatically skip selected portions of the video. This has
been used by users to cut out bits of a movie that they consider are
not appropriate for their children. I doubt it would take much to
implement this for all media files.

James