Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Laptop

Author: James Ashburner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Laptop
john lewis wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:54:53 +0100
> James Ashburner <hantslug@???> wrote:
>
>> John Lewis has already expressed an interest in this one, I'll let
>> you know if it becomes available again.
>>
>> I have another couple coming up but they're a significantly higher
>> spec.
>>
>> 1 x Compaq Evo N800V
>> 1 x Toshiba Satellite Pro A30
>>
>> The Tosh is going to have a wireless card put in it, the Compaq
>> will only take external wireless cards (PCMCIA or USB)
>
> I'll be quite happy to have the higher spec Compaq if there is any
> problem with the E500. I am not particularly interested in having a
> wireless card as I managed quite well without one in the TP600e.
>
> I managed to b***r up the 600e by being clumsy in replacing the bios
> battery and the spare body I was given is in poor external
> condition and it doesn't boot reliably else I try switching the main
> board from one system to the other.
>
> As I said earlier to James my digital camera died around the same
> time as I messed up the laptop and I have limited funds to splash out
> on replacements. I certainly cannot afford the T41 I'd really like
> to have :-)
>
> The camera ought to be repairable (a switch operated by the lens
> cover has failed) but knowing what the attitude to repairing or
> replacing is in this modern throw-away society I doubt if it can be,

John,

James has decided to return the N160 as it's not capable of net-booting.
Are you still interested in it?

Specs are:

PIII 1GHz CPU
20GB HDD
8MB ATI Mobility Radeon
DVD-ROM

Battery appears to be in excellent condition, Win 2K estimates 2:45 at
87% charge and seems to be accurate (I left it running and a little over
an hour later it had dropped to 1:29 at 49% charge)

James