[Hampshire] Problems with aptitude and Debian multimedia in …

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Problems with aptitude and Debian multimedia in new Etch install
I have the following line in my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main contrib

When I run <aptitude update> I get:

W: GPG error: http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://www.debian-multimedia.org
etch/contrib Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/www.debian-multimedia.org_dists_etch_contrib_binary-i386_Packages) -
stat (2 No such file or directory)

I have spent enough time to make my husband say that I shall become rooted to
this chair if I am not careful, unsuccessfully googling. I have tried to
make use of what I have found, mutatis mutandis, but am clearly mutating the
wrong things. :-(

I know that this has come up on the list before, but cannot find it. :-( (Who
said that Google was my friend???)

I would be very grateful indeed for some more pointers.

TIA
Lisi