Re: [Hampshire] Google desktop services

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Google desktop services
Keith Edmunds wrote:

> "Do no evil"? Maybe not, but they're legally allowed to if they change
> their mind.

I, like everyone else, like the google search engine. I don't have a
google email account, perhaps I should but I still like my own email
server. Google use open source technology and good for them release
freebies and host open source projects. They are much better in many ways
than Microsoft and a more consciences www service delivery agent than
most. But much is aimed at the consumer and in that sense they make money
by protecting their products and services. All in all I'd prefer to use
all my own facilities where possible.

I think their lawyer must have had too much Red Bull the day he wrote that:)

IM'umbleO

--
Damian Brasher
www.diap.org.uk "Aim to protect mission critical data: 'You can't afford