Re: [Hampshire] Installing acroread and opera

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Installing acroread and opera
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 at 08:53:20AM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:17:11 +0100
> john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:
>
> > currently opera ver 9.23
>
> just did my daily 'aptitude safe-upgrade' (cron-apt does the
> downloads overnight) and opera moved on to ver 9.24

I like this approach too. Let aptitude update the local repositry
every night automatically via cron, and then when you do want to
do a safe or full upgrade everything has all ready been downloaded.

I believe there are several ways of doing this, but I go for a simple
cron job not even cron-apt.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

When a Microsoft product is the lesser of two evils, you know for
sure that there's something fishy going on.
    -- anon