Re: [Hampshire] install linux without internet connection?

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] install linux without internet connection?
On 19 Oct 2007 Hugo Mills wrote:

>    aptitude or synaptic for package installation. I don't know what
> else yast provides (my vague memories of using it a while ago are that
> it also provides pain and heartache).

Yast does many things, some better than others. One of them is to allow
the user to search the package descriptions and select software for
installation. It then asks for the relevant CDs and installs things.

Does aptitude/synaptic work in the same way with CDs? Maybe I should I copy
the CDs to hard disk and let it install from that?

Peter Alefounder.