[Hampshire] FAX over SIP

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] FAX over SIP
I have two requirements here, the first is for a quick and dirty
solution to send a fax quickly, the second is for a better longer term
solution.

For the quick solution I simply want to send a fax using a SIP phone
connection that I have. I could do it with a hardware device, but I
don't see a need to purchase one in the longer term. If I dare say it,
for this quick requirement I don't mind a Windows solution - euk!

For the longer term solution I am probably half way down the road
already. I hope to have an Asterisk [1] box set up in the not too
distant future, and by the looks of things I can use Hylafax [2] along
with a IAXmodem [3] to get this up and running. If there are other
solutions I could look at then I'd be interested. The longer term will
also require inbound fax. From the looks of this [4] link there is at
least one other Asterisk fax option around.

[1] http://www.asterisk.org/
[2] http://www.hylafx.org/
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/iaxmodem
[4] http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20fax

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: