Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?
Damian Brasher wrote:
> I would like to see the list better moderated and the rule if 25:50:25
> implemented - that is an understanding that 25% of people will disagree
> with you, 50% will be ambivalent and 25% are with you, if you get the
> picture. No I am not a manager nor do I want to be one!

Hi Damian,

From what little I know of her, Jacqui strikes me as being able to look
after herself, or at least raise the matter with the list moderators if
she feels aggrieved. And, since the statement in question is not
offensive in the broader sense, I would suggest the rest of us leave it
for the people directly involved to settle between themselves and the
list moderators if necessary.

The list as we know it is the result of what emerged from an attempt to
censor both content and subscribers. It was decided at that time that it
would be neither censored nor split to accommodate individual ideas of
the shape it should take. If you wish to alter that I would suggest that
you campaign for it between now and the next AGM, when we can all take a
vote on any proposed changes.

Sean