Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?
Philip Stubbs wrote:
> * Damian Brasher (lug@???) wrote:
>
>>> The list as we know it is the result of what emerged from an attempt to
>>> censor both content and subscribers. It was decided at that time that it
>>> would be neither censored nor split to accommodate individual ideas of
>>> the shape it should take. If you wish to alter that I would suggest that
>>> you campaign for it between now and the next AGM, when we can all take a
>>> vote on any proposed changes.
>>>

>> This feels badly thought out and asking for trouble - I was not around to
>> comment and have explained why. I will listen to what you have said and
>> aim for the next AGM. The fact that the list has been highly unmoderated
>> by design is a bit of a shock! This explains a lot and also explains why I
>> feel disappointed with the list moderators, Ian and Alan, who seem to be
>> doing nothing which has led me to distrust them. Why why why did the
>> committee think it a reasonable decision to have so little pro-active
>> moderation????
>>
>> Dumbfounded!
>>

> May I suggest that if you find this list so shocking, un-subscribe!
> No one is forcing you to be here.

That is always an option, but please don't Damian!

As a rule we tend to sort these things out amongst ourselves and I see
no reason to behave any differently in this instance. We (all of us, not
you and I!) should be be able to have a difference of opinion and share
the list, especially over something as trivial as this where the
processes are in place to make changes if necessary.

Sean