Re: [Hampshire] Mozilla Firefox plugins directory - thanks

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mozilla Firefox plugins directory - thanks

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56853100.hantslug.org.uk.18066': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 31 22:27:13 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:58:50PM +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007 16:56:47 Hugo Mills wrote:
> >    Is this a 64-bit machine, or 32? 64-bit systems still don't have a
> > working Java plugin for FF, because the Sun JVM doesn't ship with one
> > built.

> Yes they do. Java works just fine in FF and Konqueror on my AMD64
> system. You can use the Blackdown JDK (1.4) if necessary, which is good
> enough for most things. You can also use the nspluginwrapper to
> use 32bit plugins on a 64bit browser.

hrm@selene:java-1.5.0-sun $ pwd
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
hrm@selene:java-1.5.0-sun $ find -name \*oji\*
hrm@selene:java-1.5.0-sun $

Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Regarding Blackdown, a 1.4 JDK isn't good enough for some of the
things I need to run/test, and I'd rather not try to run multiple Java
implementations on the same machine(*).

Hugo.

(*) I've managed to hamstring some bits of OpenOffice because the
Debian packaging of it doesn't understand that gcj isn't a sensible
Java implementation, and refuses to accept that the Sun JDK 1.5.0 is
actually Java).

    --- How do you become King?  You stand in the marketplace and ---
          announce you're going to tax everyone. If you get out
                           alive, you're King.