Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Next meeting - 10th November

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: adrian, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Next meeting - 10th November
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:22:11 +0000, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> The next meeting will be another joint meeting with SurreyLUG up at
> Surrey Uni on 10th November.
>
> http://surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Indeed. My usual info is included below to refresh memories:

We will be holding the next Surrey LUG Bring-a-Box meeting at the
University of Surrey in Guildford, next weekend on Saturday 10th
November. Doors open from 11am until around 5pm.

The meeting will be held in the Teaching Block and same room (18B) that
was used a couple of months ago for the joint September meeting.

For those new to Surrey, there will be signs up from the
front of the campus, near the main car park. If you wish to load or
unload equipment from a car, contact me off-list regarding access (use
the address in my sig).

Everybody is welcome at our meetings - no membership or previous
experience is required. Feel free to bring along a computer or laptop
if you wish, we aim to provide power and internet access. Visitors
bearing power extension cables are especially welcome to our meetings.

The campus is a short walk from the main Guildford train
station and is just off the A3 if you're coming by car. Full details
are available on the wiki, including maps and detailed travel
information to the University campus:
http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox

> It would be nice to have a few talks - particularly given that with
> two LUGs there are a fair few people about (but not a scary number!)
>
> As ususal there is a list here:
> http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingSuggestions/Talks
>
> The lightning talks are probably more suitable for Surrey Uni since
> they take place in the same room, though longer ones aren't a problem.

If somebody would like to do a "proper" talk, I can book a nearby room
and it can be held away from the main group there. Just let me know
off-list before the end of the week if you think that you'll want it.

> If I manage to get it prepared on time I might give a demo of
> automated installs using "puppet" as per:
> http://www.smop.co.uk/blog/index.php/2007/10/15/puppet-autobuild-progress-report/

I'd be interested in hearing about that, particularly the puppet side.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???