Re: [Hampshire] [Advert] SuperMicro SC760 Case

Author: Steve Kirk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Advert] SuperMicro SC760 Case
On Wednesday 31 October 2007 14:46:22 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A mate recently donated a PC to me to rebuild for a mutual friend. I
> have basically stripped out all of the bits I require and am left
> with the case, a SuperMicro SC760 ATX effort.
>
> Anyone familiar with these cases will know they are industrial size
> and quality, being designed for old-school dual-processor boards (it
> is Xeon compatible apparently) and as such too large for my
> requirements. As a result I'd like to sell it on to someone who does
> need a case with oodles of space and use the proceeds to purchase
> something better suited to my friend's needs, i.e. a midi-tower.
>
> So, I am looking for about £45 for the case (note: with no PSU), or
> alternatively a swap with someone who has an ATX case that is perhaps
> a little restricted for their needs and wants to trade up.
>
> All the info is here, with a summary extract below:
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/tower/760/SC760P4-400.cfm
>
> Key Features
> 1. [This entry regarding PSU deleted as it is not supplied]
> 2. 6 x 5.25" External Drive Bays
> 3. 1 x 3.5" External Drive Bay
> 4. 2 x 3.5" Internal Drive Bays
> 5. 7x Full-height, Full-length expansion slot
> 6. 1 x 120mm Exhaust Fan
> 7. 1 x 90mm Exhaust Fan
> 8. Power Switch & LED Indicators
>
> Any enquiries *off-list* please, and due to the size the buyer will
> need to collect or make an arrangement with my friend who can
> probably deliver if his travel expenses can be covered.
>
> It is in great condition and comes complete with various accessories.
>
> Sean

Hi Sean,

I might be interested in the case, and I have a much smaller tower case
if that's what you're after. It's fairly standard, has 3x5.25" external
bays, 2x3.5" internal bays and space for about (from memory) 3
expansion cards. It will take a mini-ATX motherboard as far as I
recall. If you're interested, I'd have to double check the specs to be
confident though.

Cheers,
Steve