[Hampshire] Palm syncing problems on ubuntu

Author: ed
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Palm syncing problems on ubuntu
Hi

I'm have just started to run Ubuntu 6.10 (having been alternately
spoon-fed and tortured with company MS kit), and want a solution to sync
my mail, contacts and calendar with an XP laptop (for offline emailing)
and Palm Tungsten T3.

Installed evolution connecting using POP3 direct to gmail, which worked
OK and then plugged in the Palm, which gnome-pilot found straight away.
Off we went with the palm data populating evolution and syncing fine.
We then set about setting up caldav, fetchmail etc. to get the laptop
into the equation with limited success (separate thread needed for this
one - I just want a PC that sits and acts as a main/calendar server, and
syncs with anything on XP for offline use).

The problem is whatever I do now, the palm will not sync with the Ubuntu
PC anymore. I have deleted the device and all settings in gnome-pilot,
altered the folder location and confirmed that the system is
communicating OK with the USB cradle itself, but whenever I set up a new
palm device and press hotsync to swap IDs the palm times out, finding no
connection to the PC. Any ideas on how to zap the confused settings and
start afresh, which worked first time? I have a current calendar on the
PC, semi-dated one on the palm and very dated on on the laptop, with
none speaking to each other!

Thanks for any tips

Ed