Re: [Hampshire] apache2 CGI script problem

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] apache2 CGI script problem
> I don't like webmin because of the bug that causes it to
> take all the memory and crash. It occurs to me that maybe I could turn
> off swap when using it, which would at least make it crash rapidly

I think you'd be better off working out why miniserv eats your RAM. It
doesn't do it on any of the boxen I've installed.

> but
> I think it would be better if I learnt what I was doing and did the
> configuration manually.

Probably. But that can be a steep learning curve; webmin makes that easier
when you're starting out. That's why you're struggling with Apache config
and I'm not, even though neither of us know our way round the config files
properly...

Vic.