Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Gutsy upgrade: problem with loading N…

Author: Adam Cripps
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Gutsy upgrade: problem with loading Nvidia module automatically
On Nov 10, 2007 9:00 AM, Adam Cripps <kabads@???> wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2007 11:19 PM, Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:
> > Hi Adam,
> Hmm, this didn't seem to install anything and
> dpkg -l |grep linux-restricted
>
> shows that
> linux-restricted-modules-2.6.22-14-386
> is already installed. uname -r confirms that I'm running kernel 2.6.22-14-386.
>
> But nvidia is still not loading at boot.

However, either one or a combination of more than one, of these
packages is making a difference, as I have tried uninstalling all the
related nvidia packages and then insmod the nvidia.ko file which still
doesn't allow X to start properly (although lsmod |grep nvidia shows
nvidia (agpart), nvidia (i2c_core) and i2c_nforce2 to be loaded).

Thanks
Adam

--
http://www.monkeez.org