Re: [Hampshire] Advice on buying a Tesco PC

Author: Tim B (Systems)
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Advice on buying a Tesco PC
64-bit AMD chips are nice. Under Ubuntu they will both feel quick. I would say
£50 for more Ram and a DVD rewriter was probably worth it on a stock PC.

To be honest, it's more powerful than my machine at work (except for RAM). For
the price I don't think you'll be disappointed. That said, I haven't used
one, so I don't know how noisy it is or what the build quality is like. Even
if the build quality is pants, you can always buy a cheap case from e-buyer
for £10, but I doubt you'll need to do that.

If you get one, could you take the side off and post a photo of the innards so
we know how expandable it is?

Cheers,

Tim B