Re: [Hampshire] Virtual Box

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virtual Box

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x577b8100.hantslug.org.uk.9107': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 11 16:48:12 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 11:16:22AM +0000, Adam Trickett wrote:
> The problem I have with qemu/kqemu is that only WinNT4 seems to run in the
> kqemu mode everything else fails to run with client side BSOD or kernel
> panics. I'm running qemu under AMD64 not i386 so odd things happen.

I run qemu, kqemu and kvm systems on various amd64 boxes. The main
thing I've found you need to do (particularly with Windows XP, but
RHAS, Fedora and Debian as well) is to install with plain qemu -- no
acceleration (kqemu, kvm) -- and with ACPI and APIC support turned
off. Once you've completed the installation of your OS, you can go
ahead and turn on ACPI, APICs and the acceleration mechanism of your
choice. I have few, if any, problems with it.

Hugo.

    --- SCSI is usually fixed by remembering that it needs three ---
        terminations: One at each end of the chain. And the goat.