[Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for the …

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for the right people
I have just used a gOS live CD, and am very impressed indeed. It is no
wonder that walmart have sold out of their everex PCs so quickly.

It is certainly not going to attract experienced users, or more
ambitious users who want a PC as an IT tool, but it will certainly
attract users who want to use a PC for basic things, including
inexperienced users and those who just want an 'appliance'

It is also unlikely that people will buy many with the intention of
installing windows. If they see gOS working, it will beat windows from
30 paces distance. If I had elderly parents, this is what I would be
thinking of offering. Have a look for yourself, this is history in the
making.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391