Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for …

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for theright people

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57cb2100.hantslug.org.uk.10593': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Nov 15 16:43:16 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 16:13 +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
> > I have a couple of these on order also. I ordered the 4GB/512MB ones for
> > wife and daughter. I'll probably wait until next year for the 10"
> > version for myself.
>
> I bow down to your superior wealth Al!

Well, it _is_ $FESTIVE_SEASON.

> The only thing that worries me with the kids having one is that they are
> daffy and far too trusting, and that these will be much sought after by
> thieves. Other than that they look like superb machines for students.

I don't think Sophie will be taking it out of the house other than to go
to relatives with it. I quite like the fact that it has a wall wart
(although I despise wall warts) rather than a brick as a PSU. Should
make less for someone to carry around.

I ordered mine from RM where they carry a warning:-

"The RM Asus miniBook is available to purchase from RM for use by anyone
in the UK in full-time or part-time education. Parents purchasing on
behalf of their children are able to do so providing their children are
in full or part-time education."

They also added this warning:-

"The RM Asus miniBook is a massively popular product and we are working
hard to try and keep up with demand. We've reflected the 'Available
from' dates as our best estimate of when we'll receive more stock. We'll
keep updating this page when we have further information. You can still
order the product today and we'll hurry it out to you as soon as we
receive more miniBooks."

Note the extensive positively glowing reviews (from adults of course):-

http://www.rm.com/Primary/Products/product.asp?cref=PD1030046

Cheers,
Al.