Re: [Hampshire] News Ticker Server

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] News Ticker Server
On Saturday 17 November 2007 13:07:28 Simon Capstick wrote:
> Keir Whitlock wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >    Does anyone know of any open source software for providing a news
> > ticker service? I want to be able to quickly and easily inform people of
> > updates in the company, mail backlogs etc.

> > Cheers,
> > Keir
>
> Let me know if you find anything since I would find that useful too (to
> run on Windows desktops and a Linux server). A RSS feed to an
> opensource news ticker would be useful.

You could simulate this with a wiki or (I'm guessing) blog.
Either type of software provides RSS feeds to let users know
when something has updated.

Just set up an internal wiki/blog, and point people at its feed.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???