Re: [Hampshire] mod_perl, PerlSetVar and startup scripts

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] mod_perl, PerlSetVar and startup scripts
On 17/11/2007, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:
> I'm attempting to write a mod_perl (registry) application and would
> like to parse a config file once per (web) server startup. I want
> to avoid hard coding the path to the config file in the startup
> script.

The most promising reference I can find is [1]. In the
PerlPostConfigHandler section it states:

"You can do the same in the startup file, but in the post_config phase
you have an access to a complete configuration tree (via
Apache2::Directive)."

There's an example handler that might be of use.

[1] http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html