Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for …

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for the right people

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Philip Stubbs wrote:

> This is not a recommendation, as I have never bought from these
> people myself, but I did notice this
> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-155-AS
>
> At the time of writing, they had 10+ in stock.

Thanks Philip, I took the plunge Monday morning and ordered one, it
arrived today!

Something of a strange email from Overclockers yesterday demanding copies
of documents for proof of ID as I'd not ordered with them before (which I
wasn't prepared to provide and was considering canceling the order),
followed shortly after by another email saying the order had been
shipped... So I'm not sure exactly how organised they are but I have my
machine and so far it seems to work just fine so hopefully I won't have
any reason to find out.

I do notice that today they still have 10+ in stock, but the price has
gone up to 214.99 UKP (252.61 inc VAT) which smacks of profiteering to me
and I'm not sure I could recommend them for that reason alone but I guess
they figure it's a sellers market at the moment.

Andy