Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Hand over your crypto key or else

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Hand over your crypto key or else
hantslug@??? wrote:

>And,of course, IANAL. But I have spent several years :-( in the English High
>Court as a litigant in person, and I do know that what the authorities can
>reasonably expect is not relevant. All that is relevant is the letter of the
>law as interpreted by the courts.

Hmm, why not have "decryption software" that given a dummy key will
decode *anything* to
a block of junk text (as used in web copy apps - guaranteed not to
offend anyone as
it always generates gibberish) based upon say the key value and the
first and last 20 bytes of the file.

i.e. key = 'gibber1234' and you get 'foo em lem cos at per a ala nis ta'
or key = 'gibber1235' and you get 'mes dek fo el par ne ka less per nak'

This conforms to the letter of the law - it decrypts whatever the police
request be decrypted even if
it is not encrypted.

Also I could use a good blank web copy generator :-)

Jacqui