Re: [Hampshire] Benefits of top-posting?

Author: Mat Grove
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Benefits of top-posting?
Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:

> I'm not trying to start a flame war and I don't want to know about
> bottom or bottom/interleaved posting, but I'd like to know from
> people what are the actual benefits if any of top posting.

Just throwing some ideas around...

This is not strictly pro top posting but sometimes when you want to see
what everyone has said in a multi-person email discussion it can be
handy to retain all of the text. Either accidentally or maliciously
people can 'snip' text in ways to skew the meaning of the email.

So most of the time, well thought out pruning for an in-line reply is
fine, in the event that you are going to either cock that up or try and
mess with the content then maybe I want you to leave the text alone.

There are obviously a ton of problems no matter what you do. Email sux.

Mat