[Hampshire] Google Analytics

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Google Analytics
I have so far reserved judgments on Googles activities, most of which I regard
as beneficial. But I have just had a visit from Google Analytics. I was on
my granddaughter's box at the time, and a hasty shutting down of Slashdot
disposed of it. (At least, I got my box back - it had slowed to a crawl -
and the progress bar disappeared half way through.)

But I have shut the box down as an extra precaution. (Pity - I was listening
to Radio 3, which I can't currently get on my box: see earlier thread.)

Clearly my firewall settings are at fault. Advice please. :-) Irrational, I
know, but I feel besmirched. :-(

Lisi