Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet
Clive Woodfine wrote:
> On 28/11/2007, Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.caren@???> wrote:
>
>>Hi, I cannot remember who was interested in this but aldi has
>>a new graphics tablet on sale next week.
>>
>>Unlike its predecessor, it does not seem to be ful A4 size or
>>provide both mouse and pen inputs.
>>
>>ALso because is seesm to be a new product there is no assurance it is
>>wacom (hence linux) compatible.
>>
>>Jacqui

I tried emailling off list but gmail bounces ntlworld.com at the mo.

> Hi Jacqui it was me. Thanks for the tip. How did you get this info. I
> signed up for their email but nothing has mentioned it yet.

Hmm -
See http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week_49_sunday_2007.htm

> Not having an Aldi in Salisbury (Romsey or Bournemouth are the
> closest) I am ignorant of the buying process. Do they have special
> buys at all stores? From their web site I cannot see to buy on line.

Yes - some stores do not have some items but these seem to be
regional - such as scotland or the midlands and they usually add
'regional' in the flyer/web site.

You cannot buy online - you cannot even call the store!

They have special offers roughly twice per week and the offers can be
almost anything - we bought a load of camping equipment, Pauls fishing
gear and a GPS.

The web site only shows *next* thursday and sunday. If you are on thier
newletter list you should get one or two emails per week.

Stuff like 99p low energy bulbs or ink carts are usually gone in a
few hours - I have seen a big crowd some sundays 1/2 hr before the store
opens just to buy something that appears to be priced insanely cheap.

Take bags as they have *always* charged for bags, there are *no
baskets* and trolleys require a pound coin.

Word of warning - Not everything is "cheap" and some things such as the
cordless keyboards are complete crap.

Saying this our GPS and car stereo's are all working flawlessly and
were bought quite a few years ago.

If you cannot get one ask and I will grab one from one of my 'local'.

Jacqui