Re: [Hampshire] Accessing my home files from work

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Accessing my home files from work

On Sun, December 2, 2007 21:14, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> There are occasions when I want to work on a LaTeX document on my
> server. At the moment, I have to ssh in to do the editing, and I
> then have to create a link to the resulting PDF in my web servers
> home, then I can call that up in my browser at work.
>
> Although this works, I would like a better solution. Is there one?

WebDAV is a solution. Your webserver will still need access
to the files you want to edit however.

Another solution if you have a fast connection is to run a local
X server, and tunnel X over SSH. You do need a fast connection
however, so it's probably not practical (I have 800Kb up, and
though Konqueror works, it's not really fast enough).

--
Be seeing you,            http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                      xmpp:sam@???