Re: [Hampshire] Crypto talk tomorrow: postponed

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, Hugo Mills
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Crypto talk tomorrow: postponed
On 07/12/2007, Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:
>    All -

>    I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to postpone my talk on
> crypto tomorrow for a later meeting.

>    I've spent much of today buggering around with OpenOffice.org
> trying to get around a bug(*) which crashes the app halfway through
> the animations on slide 5. This means that I'm now too many hours
> behind my original schedule to finish writing the talk that I wanted
> to give, by some way.

>    I've got a working platform that I could give the talk from now (it
> turns out to be an AMD64 bug -- my IA32 laptop works fine), but I'd
> have to give a poorly-prepared talk with considerably less detail than
> I'd intended, and I'd prefer not to do that; I hope that those who'd
> wanted to see it feel the same way.

>    Hugo.

I am curious what you were going to cover. Some of the crypto routines
in linux have rather large holes in them, so were you going to point
out which ones people should use, or were you going to just generally
explain the different crypto methods available. e.g. crypto for
emails, individual files, directories and entire disks.