[Hampshire] Crypto talk tomorrow: postponed

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Crypto talk tomorrow: postponed

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5782d100.hantslug.org.uk.2343': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Dec 7 21:21:42 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
All -

I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to postpone my talk on
crypto tomorrow for a later meeting.

I've spent much of today buggering around with OpenOffice.org
trying to get around a bug(*) which crashes the app halfway through
the animations on slide 5. This means that I'm now too many hours
behind my original schedule to finish writing the talk that I wanted
to give, by some way.

I've got a working platform that I could give the talk from now (it
turns out to be an AMD64 bug -- my IA32 laptop works fine), but I'd
have to give a poorly-prepared talk with considerably less detail than
I'd intended, and I'd prefer not to do that; I hope that those who'd
wanted to see it feel the same way.

Hugo.

(*) On three different systems, and two different versions of the
software.

         --- Quantum Mechanics: the dreams stuff is made of. ---