Re: [Hampshire] Thanks for a good Bab today.

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Thanks for a good Bab today.

Hi,

Yes, it was a good meeting I thought, well attended, lots of stuff going
on.

Unfortunately I missed the talks so I'll look forward to the videos when
they become available.

Just a reminder, please update the wiki with things you did at the
meeting:

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?8thDecember2007

I'm also pretty sure the list of attendees is missing a few people so
please add yourself if you were there and your name is missing.

Links to pictures taken at the event are also welcome.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Clive Woodfine wrote:

> I enjoyed the talks today and seeing the mini PC's people are talking
> about in action. Impressive, but will be more so in a few months time
> I guess with more storage etc.

Maybe.

I'm reasonably happy with my Eee, but it is by no means perfect. I think
it is good value for money at the current price however adding more memory
or expansion ports won't address my issues with the device, a bigger
screen would be nice but I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for
it.

IMO one of the killer features of the Eee is it's price and even with a
bigger screen and more storage capacity I personally don't think I'd be so
happy with it if I'd payed 100+ UKP more for it. Each to there own of
course, YMMV etc.

> Thanks to Al for sprinkling magic powder on my laptop to make it print
> with the Lug's HP Deskjet 460. Unfortunately by the time I got home it
> had rubbed off. It recognises my Deskjet 940C but still does not
> print.

Sorry to hear that, if you haven't got it working before the next meeting
you attend maybe you should bring your printer with you next time so we
can test on it directly.

Andy