[Hampshire] Debian glitches

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian glitches
I've come across a couple of small glitches with Debian 4.0r1. I
would be grateful for any advice from the experts.

After logging on, I get window on the desktop with the message:

The GnuPG configuration file was not found. Please make sure you
have GnuPG installed. Should KGpg try to create a config file ?
     Create Config              Do Not Create

I click on Do Not Create and get another window:
Welcome to the KGpg Wizard ...

which I can then cancel.

How do I stop these windows appearing? I think what triggered this
activity was selecting encrypt rather than compress from the Actions
menu in Konqueror. Just as a matter of interest, why does compress
only appear on the menu if I have write access to the file?

The other problem is with fonts in OpenOffice.org. After installing
and removing various font collections, the list of fonts presented
by OOo has empty spaces in it where fonts used to be. Spadmin cannot
see these fonts, so I can't remove them using that, nor are they in
any directory on the font path listed by xset -q. So, the question
is, where does OOo keep its font list, or how can I make it generate
a new one?

Peter Alefounder.