Re: [Hampshire] The start of the end...

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The start of the end...
On Thursday 20 December 2007 16:22, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Adam Trickett wrote:
> > I think a new ISP is on the cards in the new year, are there any left
> > that the big idiotic companies haven't wrecked...?
>
> AAISP - http://aaisp.net.uk/ - cheap they aren't, but neither are they
> chumps.

www.zen.co.uk
www.newnet.co.uk

Both excellent in my experience. Again, neither of them is particularly
cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Yes, I know that one of us (Tim??) had an unfortunate experience with Zen -
but he really is in the minority. (See the recent PCPro reliability survey
for statistics.)

Incidentally, the Zen sales line says that the Technical support helpline now
supports Linux. I haven't yet tested it, but they have always been very
helpful and Linux friendly, if not Linux knowledgeable.

Newnet is a small local firm (Fareham) and is always very helpful and
friendly.

Lisi