Re: [Hampshire] The start of the end...

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The start of the end...
On Thu December 20 2007 16:42, hantslug@??? wrote:
> On Thursday 20 December 2007 16:22, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> > Adam Trickett wrote:
> > > I think a new ISP is on the cards in the new year, are there any left
> > > that the big idiotic companies haven't wrecked...?
> >
> > AAISP - http://aaisp.net.uk/ - cheap they aren't, but neither are they
> > chumps.
>
> www.zen.co.uk
> www.newnet.co.uk
>
> Both excellent in my experience. Again, neither of them is particularly
> cheap, but you get what you pay for.
>
> Yes, I know that one of us (Tim??) had an unfortunate experience with Zen -
> but he really is in the minority. (See the recent PCPro reliability survey
> for statistics.)
>
> Incidentally, the Zen sales line says that the Technical support helpline
> now supports Linux. I haven't yet tested it, but they have always been
> very helpful and Linux friendly, if not Linux knowledgeable.
>
> Newnet is a small local firm (Fareham) and is always very helpful and
> friendly.
>
> Lisi

Yes Lisi it was me with the bad experience with Zen, but I will certainly
second www.newnet.co.uk been using them at work for quite a few years now and
found them to be very helpful when things needed sorting.

If you do go to Newnet, ask for Chris Wright 01329 226717, he my account
manager, very helpful person.

Tim

Regards