Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham
rogermunford@??? wrote:
> All,
>
> I have received an email from John Denhams office with a
> provisional booking of Friday 18th of April at 2 o'clock. He is
> offering to come to us but that is not obviously not practical and
> so we should go to him at his office in Southampton Street.
>
> However I know that he lives very close to the University so it may
> be possible to offer a Saturday visit to a meeting which may have
> to be scheduled out of the normal series to accomodate him. It
> depends on what you all think.
>
> Lisi has kindly volunteered to co ordinate the meeting and I would
> like to forward the email to her so that she take it forward but I
> do not have her email address. (I am in Germany at the moment and
> am away from the desktop). I hope she reads this and emails me.
>
> I hope that we can spend some (enjoyable) time deciding on the
> impression that we will try to give him and the content of the
> presentation.
>
> Merry Christmas everyone
>
> Roger

A Saturday meeting re scheduled and close by sounds like the best of
all worlds. It includes giving him visibility of the real situation -
skill levels, interest and spread of membership. It also puts any
presentations and Q&A (his questions) in better perspective.

I suspect april is a time when I will often be away but I will do my
best to juggle dates if possible and try to attend.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391