Re: [Hampshire] Time for a new distribution

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Time for a new distribution
Quoting Keith Edmunds <kae@???>:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:18:48 +0000, m.nuttall@??? said:
>
> > Well i do have problems with suse 10.2 now hence thinking of jumping.
>
> Maybe it would make sense to define what problems you have; some other
> distros may have the same problems.

Its more down to be unresponsive/slow/laggy when compared to suse 9.3 or win2k.

> > are there many fedora core users on this list?
> >
> > The commercial bias is a plus
>
> What benefit do you perceive from the "commercial bias"?

It could go on my CV that i have limited experience of a particular distro.
Loose i know, however its a consideration worth adding in to the pot

> SuSE, Ubuntu and
> Debian are all used in commercial situations (as well as many other
> distros), so you should define what it is you expect or are looking for
> rather than just a distro with a "commercial bias".

Ok thanks.
Its more of a timing thing, that i want to change from suse10.2 and theres the
xmas holidays to work on it. Normally when considering a change I would like it
to be done quickly due to lack of time.

Martin N